With funding from The California Endowment and Kaiser Permanente Community Benefit, CWA offers WIC CAN HELP, a campaign to strengthen local WIC capacity to inform and connect WIC families with community assistance programs. To protect and strengthen the ability of over one million California families to survive and protect their children’s health in tough times, WIC CAN HELP features a monthly resource and referral “toolkit” suitable for all local WIC programs and highlighting community resources available to most WIC families.
2013 RESOURCE AND REFERRAL CALENDAR
You can refer participants year-round to the e-benefits California website, an online resource for Medi-Cal, CMSP, CalFresh, and CalWORKS. It's an easy way to see if someone is potentially eligible, learn how to apply, and get key information about these benefits.
- January: Unemployment Assistance
- February: Earned Income Tax Credit
- March: Oral Health
- April: CalFresh: Better Food For Better Living
- May: Summer Lunch
- June: Alcohol and Substance Use
- July: Child Care and Children with Special Needs
- August: School Breakfast, Lunch and More
- September: Housing Assistance
- October: Mental Health & Depression and Domestic/Intimate Partner Violence
- November: Debt Counseling and Financial Literacy
- December: Energy, Telephone, Utilities
WHAT LOCAL AGENCIES CAN DO:
- Assign an I&R Coordinator to review and update local agency’s resource and referral information.
- Review the resources of the month and share relevant downloads with WIC families.
- Customize the county-specific flyers with more local information, if you wish.
- Please share new information and referral with CWA, so we can update and improve the information we post every month.