The California Breastfeeding Summit is a unique statewide forum that convenes over 500 diverse people and organizations to:
- Evaluate our current state of breastfeeding
- Explore best practice, acquire new skills
- Share resources and tools
- Network and establish new relationships
- Inspire and motivate action
The Summit is a catalyst for change to remove barriers and increase breastfeeding rates among all populations in California. The presentations and discussions at the summit support the Surgeon General’s Call to Action to Support Breastfeeding, the California Department of Public Health’s Vision for Breastfeeding 2035 and hot topic issues related to breastfeeding.
The Goal of the 2020 California Breastfeeding Summit is to cultivate and sustain a collaborative community of advocates in California to achieve health equity and continuity of care for breastfeeding families.