Presenters: Nisha Ajmani (Staff Attorney, HERA) and Johanna Kanes (Staff Attorney HERA)
If you can’t attend on July 14, but would like to receive a link to a recording and resources, click here for the “Join List for Recording” option.
DESCRIPTION: In this workshop, we will review updates to California’s eviction moratorium and the federal CDC eviction moratorium. We’ll discuss important dates to be aware of, key tenants’ rights, and how to apply for financial assistance to help you pay your rent if you’re experiencing financial hardship related to COVID-19.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND: Providers working in Alameda County who serve families with young children 0-5 years of age. A link to the online training will be provided to registered attendees closer to the event date.
- Describe updates to state and federal eviction moratoria
- Explain how to apply for financial assistance to help you pay for back and/or future rental debt related to COVID-19
10:00am Welcome & Introductions
- California Eviction Moratorium Update
- CDC Eviction Moratorium Update
- Tenants’ Rights
- How to Get Rental Assistance